%
%On 27-Jan-2000 Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
%  |
%  |> 3. On the first reboot after installing, the keyboard was in a funny
%  |> state.
%  |
%  | Urk, can't reproduce it.  I need a reproducible sequence of operations
%  | before we'll have any hope of tackling this one.
%  |
%  |> Control-alt-del definitely didn't work, so I had to power off and
%  |> reboot.  This hasn't repeated itself.
%  |
%  | Same here.
%  |
%
%I seem to have this problem occasionaly, the keyboard keymap gets all screwed
%up somehow, and the only way to get out is to hit the reset button. But I've
%been having the problem for a long time, and with different boxes. It happens
%about every 1 out of 15 reboots but randomly. I haven't been able to connect
%it to any event or anything, but I notice that hitting keys during boot can
%increase the probability of it occurring, but again, nothing reproducible.

Right.  I've seen this when I hit Enter rapidly twice at the first
loader prompt.  Doesn't ever happen if I wait for the second
prompt.

Russell

%---------------------------------
%Mike Heffner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
%Fredericksburg, VA
%ICQ# 882073
%Date: 27-Jan-2000   Time: 16:47:01
%
%
%To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
%with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message
%