In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Mike Smith writes:
: > In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Mike Smith writes:
: > : It doesn't do anything to the keyboard, it just calls the BIOS to find
: > : out whether keys have been pressed.
: >
: > I've been seeing the hit <CR> twice fast problem for months.
:
: It's always been a problem; we don't understand the mechanics of it
: however.  Susceptibility varies widely between systems, and the best
: hypothesis I've been able to come up with is that there are issues with
: taking interrupts in vm86 mode; possibly the BIOS is being re-entered in
: a fashion it doesn't like.

Just wanted to make sure you acknowledged the problem.  It sounded
like you were saying that it wasn't a problem at all rather than the
theory put forward wasn't likely the problem.

Warner