As far as this is possible for me in rather heterogenous threads, I've
tried to follow the messages about recent make world problems. I've
done exactly what is in src/UPDATING (and like another poster here I
did *not* get the 24/01/2000 message until today...): build and
install (x)install, make buildworld, installworld, distrib dirs,
kernel.
Some problems have disappeared, some remain, to wit:

/kernel: cmd ntpd pid 86 tried to use non-present sched_get_priority_max
/kernel: cmd ntpd pid 86 tried to use non-present sched_setscheduler
ntpd [86]: sched_setscheduler(): Function not implemented

(I've checked, ntpd was built.)

And when doing startx:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.3: Undefined symbol
"_vt$9exception"

This looks very much like the example in UPDATING. Does this mean I
have to rebuild X ?? And libstdc++.so.3 was built as part of the make
world... Forgive me for not understanding.

(Unrelated are probably the following messages:

inetd[117]: IPv6 for  RPC is not supported yet
network_pass4: not found)

Any help appreciated.

Additional info: SMP kernel (irrrelevant, I presume), last build
before this three weeks ago, cvsup January 31, 15:45 GMT, from Dutch
mirror.

-- Marc Schneiders

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]