Howdy,
I've got -current and -stable both on one disk, and I'm able
to wire that disk to da0 when there's a lower ID'ed drive on
the bus with no problems under -stable.

But the comments in -current's LINT config file appear to be
out of date.

If I say
device  da0 at scbus0 target 1
config complains that scbus 0 is not defined.
-stable's LINT has `controller  scbus0', while -current has
just `scbus'.

Similarly if I say
device  scbus0 at ahc0
then config complains about ahc 0 not defined.
If I make it just ahc, then I get a syntax error.

What's the correct way to define this?  And if so, would
someone care to update LINT's examples to reflect this?

I've gone ahead and made `controller  scbus' into `scbus0'
which satisfies config, and I'm now about to try it out and
see if it gives the desired results...
No.  It didn't.  So then, how to do it, or have I overlooked
something when customizing the kernel?

thanks,
barry bouwsma, tele danmrk internet