On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Lars Eggert wrote:

> Ilya,
>
> thanks for the quick response.
>
> > Signals and Perl do not mix.  Please do not use signals if a segfault
> > is not a desirable form of output.
>
> Never? After reading perlipc I was under the impression that using signals
> was okay if you keep your handlers simple. I may have to use to another form
> of IPC if signals cannot be made safe.

Our malloc can't be used in a signal handler.

> Lars

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.