Alex Zepeda wrote:

> No.  First off, it's -fno-exceptions and -fno-rtti.  But somehow you're
> compiling your stdc++ library without exceptions and without rtti.  This
> to me seems like a user configuration error.  This is not a compiler bug.
>
> My first guess is that you're using CFLAGS="-fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" or
> somesuch when you're running buildworld.  Are you?

Nope.  When I ran buildword, I used CFLAGS='-mpentium -O3 -pipe'.  I
didn't add any of the cflags you described.  I maintain that it is, in
fact, a compiler bug of some sort.  BUT, I don't think it is worth
worrying about at this time.  It would be nice if we can get people to
run the 4.0-RC to get such bugs found and fixed.

Although I think it's a bug, I think it's a very minor bug, and
shouldn't affect many people.  Other than using CFLAGS='-mpentium -O3
-pipe' (in /etc/make.conf), I just did a make -j6 buildworld.
Attached is my /etc/make.conf.  So, as you can see, I added no such
flags.

Again, my exact command line to buildworld was:

make -j 6 buildworld

The date of the installworld is:

Feb  8 07:51

I did this immediately after the buildworld.

- Donn
CFLAGS= -mpentium -O3 -pipe
NOPROFILE=      true

# To compile just the kernel with special optimisations, you should use
# this instead of CFLAGS (which is not applicable to kernel builds anyway):
#
COPTFLAGS= -mpentium -O3 -pipe
#COMPAT1X=      yes
COMPAT20=       yes