>  o Is there a way to increase the number of lines of console output that are
>  "remembered" when you hit Scroll-Lock. Is this the MSGBUF_SIZE parameter?
>  What would be the consequences of increasing this slightly? e.

The value compiled into the kenrnel is set with SC_HISTORY_SIZE; see LINT or
syscons(4).  I normally up this to 500.  The problem with that is that syscons
apparently preallocates all the history memory, for all the virtual consoles.
Since MAXCONS defaults to 16, that can be a lot of memory.

Perhaps a modest increase in the default SC_HISTORY_SIZE, but with sysinstall
doing a CONS_HISTORY ioctl to increase the value on just the first vty?

John