Pascal Hofstee wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 03:36:12AM -0500, Donn Miller wrote:
> >
> > One possible thing to try would be to download the latest binutils
> > from the GNU ftp site or mirrors, compile, and install them in
> > /usr/local.  Then, set /usr/local/bin as the first entry in your PATH
> > environment variable to override the default binutils.  Well, I
> > haven't tried it in a while, so I don't know if binutils will work
> > without some patches.
> >
> > Or, we could just upgrade our stock binutils. :-)
>
> I would very much appreciate the latter option ...

Heh, what's the bet that it would fix this too? :-]

[5:17pm]~src/lib/libc-242# make localtime.So
cc -fpic -DPIC -O -pipe -DLIBC_RCS -DSYSLIBC_RCS -I/home/src/lib/libc/include
-D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DINET6 -DPOSIX_MISTAKE -I/home/src/lib/libc/../libc/locale
-DBROKEN_DES -DYP -c /home/src/lib/libc/../libc/stdtime/localtime.c -o localtime.So
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:87: Warning: warning: unrecognized characters `@GOTOFF' in expression
{standard input}:114: Warning: warning: unrecognized characters `@GOTOFF' in expression

gcc generates assembler that gas doesn't understand. :-(

Cheers,
-Peter