Hi there,

I'm writing you on behalf of the freebsd-current mailing list, with some
questions regarding binutils.  Freebsd-current has integrated gcc 2.95.2
into the standard sources, but is still using a relatively old version of
binutils (2.9.1 or thereabouts).  Several people are wondering what version
should be used alongside gcc 2.95.2.  Could you help us out with this?
Should the most recent version of binutils (2.9.5.0.24) be used?  Which
version, in your opinion, works best with gcc 2.95.2?

I'm sure that others who are more experienced with particular compile
problems will have additional, more specific questions, but knowing what
version of binutils should be integrated into -current would be a good
starting point.

Thanks very much!

Best Regards,

--