> It seems Mike Smith wrote:
> > That's possible; it may be that the kernel linker is calling something
> > before you expect it to be called.
>
> Well, its rather that the delayed probe rutine I register with
> config_intrhook_establish() is called before interrupts are actually
> working, that would explain why it times out on the probe...
> This didn't happen before, so thats probably why it breaks...
> It should break SCSI systems too, ass they do the same...

Hmm.  You're assuming that interrupts are working when the hooks are run,
rather than assuming that it's safe to do things which will subsequently
cause interrupts which ought to be correctly handled.

I'd hazard a guess that the presence of modules is causing the kernel
linker to run and pull all the sysctl hooks for modules it's finding.
I'm probably wrong, just a guess.

> > Also, I note that you've only partially newbussed the code; I don't see
> > any busspace/busdma stuff in there.  Is there another megapatch coming?
>
> Busspace is a joke, I'm perfectly fine with calling those macros
> in[bwl]/out[bwl] like they should be :)
>
> Busdma, hmm, well I dont see that helping here either....

That's such a hopelessly naive attitude that I really hope it's a joke.
Both are necessary items.

\\ Tell him he should learn how to fish himself,  \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
\\ and he'll hate you for a lifetime.             \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]