At 1:51 PM +0100 2/25/00, Ollivier Robert wrote:
>I just saw that openssh (thanks Mark!) is using /etc/ for its configuration
>file. As the author of the "--with-etcdir" option of SSH (back in '96) and
>for the sake of consistency, I'd like to create a /etc/ssh directory and
>move everything there.

I have always installed ssh that way too (so thanks for the option! :-).
When I am rebuilding a system, ssh is about the first thing I bring up,
and I want to make sure I do that with all the right settings and
hostkey.  Having all those files inside one directory makes that easy.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer          or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute