On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, David Gilbert wrote:

> I have half-a-dozen crash dumps of this nature.  For me, it always
> happens in fdcopy().  This may be due to the fact that the machine is
> running a large apache config --- so fork() is something it's doing
> often.

See PR 16568.  pmap_remove_all() doesn't flush the TLB properly in
FreeBSD-3.x on i386's.  Somehow this doesn't cause many problems, but
it fairly reliably breaks the free() in fdfree() when there was a file
descriptor larger than about 1000 (this gives a free() of more than
MAXALLOCSAVE = 2 pages) when there is a lot of fork() activity.

Bruce