On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 08:59:06PM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> I was not throwing stones.  It comes down to what is is best for FreeBSD.
> Since we might have two potential sources for Binutils, I want the one
> that is easiest for FreeBSD to work with.  Lu has said he will take
> FreeBSD patches AS LONG AS THEY DON'T INTERFERE with what he wants to do
> with Linux.  Well I already have to deal with enough Linuxisms in GCC
> plus the 120 ports I maintain, I need to decide for myself if the Linux
> slant of Lu's offering will be an issue.

OK, that makes total sense.  He did make it clear that Linux was the
first, rather the only, priority.  About accusing you of throwing
stones, I apologize for overreacting.  I interpreted your comments
about him not being as nice as he really seems as a personal attack on
him, when you were in fact probably just talking about how he's very
Linux-focused and thus possibly difficult to work with.  Sorry!  I'm
posting this to freebsd-current; since my "slam" was in public, you deserve
a public apology.

Sincerely,

--
Daniel Robbins