Does anyone have a Panasonic 526/563 CD-ROM drive working under 4.0-C? I
have not had one working for may weeks, however, I wasn't sure if it was a
hardware problem here, or something.  3.4 still finds them, so I beleive
it is something with the move to newbus or driver compatibility shims.

The kernel config editor knows the driver is there, however, regardless of
the port setting, or using a ? for autoprobe, the driver never probes.

Looking through the code and sprinkling liberally with printf, it appears
that matcd_probe is never being called at all, nor is isa_compat_probe.

I just don't know enough about how this mechanism works to figure out
where to go next.  Where is this process likely breaking down?  Where is
the probe called from?

Later......                                             <Doug>