No overclocked bus.  I do have the Pentium 166MMX overdrive processor on
the board though.  It used to have a 100MHz Pentium in it.  However, if
this is causing ATA some problem, it probably shouldn't.  Like I said, the
old drivers in 3.4-STABLE have no problem with it and either does Linux.
Windows worked fine also (was my Wife's main PC until 3 months ago).  If I
had to hazard a guess, I might look at the IDE contoller.  There is a
known bug in CMD640(B) that the old drivers and the Linux drivers have a
[verbose] work around for.  In the old wd drivers, you had to declare the
work around in the kernel config.  Is there an option for the new ATA
drivers?  If so, are they in the GENERIC kernel (for use with boot disks)?
I didn't see any mention of the workaround while booting the install disks
(kern.flp and mfsroot.flp).

Tom Veldhouse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]