On Wed, Jan 13, 1999 at 05:26:40PM -0500, Brian Feldman wrote:
> How could it be memory when it's written to disk, extracted, then after a
> nearly
> full build read again? Why would it extract completely the first time with no
> errors?

I had this exact same problem when evaluating pentium motherboards a
while back.  One of my (parity!) simms was marginal [later verified
with a simm checker], but it was not noticed until after I made one
corrupt archive [and deleted the originals].  Luckily, both the simm
and the motherboard were still returnable.

This also verified for me that most Intel chipsets for pentium do
not use parity even if available.

--
Zach Heilig <z...@uffdaonline.net> / Zach Heilig <z...@gaffaneys.com>