On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 03:51:24PM +0900, Yoshinobu Inoue wrote:
>  (2)EPSV is always tried first, and if server doesn't support it,
>     then try PASV.
>
> Remembering the status might be reasonable. I'll try the fix.
>
> But maybe it is better to print out the first error, as the fact?

I have nothing against EPSV itself, I am against additional verbosity and
performance degradation since it is tried before _each_ command.

It definitely must be tested once after login happens, see what other
clients do with REST command f.e. They don't try REST on each request, but
try it once at the beginnig of the session and remember it.

Since most of world FTP servers _not_ support EPSV, best way is to do
_silent_ check and give EPSV status in FTP's 'status' command on direct
user request. Something like:

Enhanced passive mode: on
(or what it means, I am not shure)

--