Karl Pielorz wrote:

> Coming from someone who's spent the best part of last week trying to diagnose
> various hardware & software problems on NT & Win'95 machines (to almost no
> avail), I'd appreciate as much verbosity being left _in_ the kernel & FreeBSD
> as possible... I'm fed up with seeing "Unknown error", or "Unknown errors
> occured" or "Service Failed" and the like on competitor / other products...
> Make them only 'if verbose' if you need to - just don't lose them
> alltogether!... :)

This is a very good point, something that I strongly agree with.  As hard
as I try not to, I find myself having to deal with products from Redmond
while at work.  Yeah, stuff like "Error connecting to database" tells me
absolutely nothing and is frustrating as all Hell.  Maybe a way to toggle
the verbosity to suit individual preferences would be a good way to go?

ct