Brian Feldman suggested:
> Try compiling with debugging info, get a coredump, and debug with the binary
> that has the full debugging symbols.

Gimp (CVS) compiled with
CFLAGS="-g -D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -O2 -m486 -pipe
-lpthread"

Brian Litzinger wrote:
>>Everything compiles and it runs.  However, various operations crash...

Every crash I've generated since adding -g as been in the app/tile_cache.c
code.  Seems to be some problem in the list management.

I recompiled that particular file using the non-thread version and have
not been able to cause a crash, so I'll look more closely at that file.

Thanks for the help,

--
Brian Litzinger <br...@litzinger.com>