Kazutaka YOKOTA wrote:

> * 101/102/104 Enhanced Keyboard support
>
> Key Code        Key Stroke              Function
>   1             Ctrl-Alt-Esc            Enter DDB (debug).
>  57             Ctrl-Alt-Space          Suspend (susp).
>  70             ScrollLock              Backscroll (slock).
>  84             Alt-SysRq(PrintScreen)  - (nop)
>  92             PrintScreen             Switch to the next vty (next).
> 104             Pause                   Start screen saver (saver).
> 104             Alt-Pause               Suspend (susp).
> 105             Left Windows            fkey62
> 106             Right Windows           fkey63
> 107             Menu                    fkey64
> 108             Ctrl-Break(Pause)       Enter DDB (debug).

I am afraid of being myself the cause of a keymap revolution!! 8-)

As I said in a previous message to freebsd-bugs, I think that
mapping the saver to the "base" Pause key could annoy people
accustomed to pressing this key to stop the screen output.
I would map the [very useful] saver function to Shift-Pause
(Shift-Ctrl-NumLock on the 84 KB ?) or, perhaps better, Break
(Ctrl-Pause on the 104 KB, Ctrl-ScrollLock on the 84 KB).

Another suggestion: I would move the debug function from Break
to SysReq (Alt-PrtScr on the 104 KB); I think that associating SysReq
to the debugger is intuitive. Then, the now free Break key could
be used for the saver function (as suggested above) or, perhaps,
the DOS-like "etx" (Ctrl-C) character (I'm supposing the usual
stty intr ^C).

> * 84 Keyboard support
>
> Key Code        Key Stroke              Function
>   1             Ctrl-Alt-Esc            Enter DDB (debug).
>  57             Ctrl-Alt-Space          Suspend (susp).
>  70             ScrollLock              Backscroll (slock).
>  84             SysRq                   - (nop)
>  92             Shift-PrintScreen(*)    Switch to the next vty (next).
> 104             Ctrl-Pause(NumLock)     Start screen saver (saver).
> 104             Ctrl-Alt-Pause(NumLock) Suspend (susp).
> 108             Ctrl-Break(ScrollLock)  Enter DDB (debug).
>
> The separate PrintScreen key doesn't exist on the 84 keyboard.  It is
> combined with the numpad * key.  The PrintScreen code is generated
> when the Shift and the numpad * keys are pressed together.
>
> The separate Pause key doesn't exist on the 84 keyboard.  It is
> combined with the NumLock key.  The Pause code is generated when the
> Ctrl and the NumlLock keys are pressed together.
>
> The separate Break key doesn't exist on the 84 keyboard.  It is
> combined with the ScrollLock key.  The Break code is generated when
> the Ctrl and the ScrollLock keys are pressed together.
>
> * Proposed keymap
>
> Combining the support for the 84 keyboard and the enhanced keyboard
> described above, we will get the following keymap entries.
>                                                 alt
>                         ctrl        alt   alt   ctrl
> code  base  shift ctrl  shift alt   shift ctrl  shift
>   1   esc   esc   esc   esc   esc   esc   debug esc
>  57   ' '   ' '   null  ' '   ' '   ' '   susp  ' '
>  70   slock slock slock slock slock slock slock slock
>  84   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop
>  92   next  next  nop   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop
> 104   saver nop   saver nop   susp  nop   susp  nop
> 105   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop
> 106   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop
> 107   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop   nop
> 108   nop   nop   debug nop   nop   nop   nop   nop

There is something I do not understand. Is it possible to generate
the Ctrl-Key104 and Alt-Ctrl-Key104 combinations? These are not
available on the 104 KB (Ctrl-Pause ==> Break) and, on the 84 KB,
Ctrl-NumLock yields the "base" Pause (or Ctrl-Pause?)...

Another question: the numpad '*' key (keycode 55) has this mapping
in most keymaps:

  055   '*'    '*'    nscr   nscr   '*'    '*'    nscr   nscr

You told me that the nscr function was needed for the 84 KBD, but
now you are saying that, on that KB, the PrtScrn code (92) is
generated by Shift-Numpad*. Now I cannot understand the utility
of that mapping for the keycode 055...

--JMA
José Mª Alcaide                         | mailto:j...@we.lc.ehu.es
Universidad del País Vasco              | http://www.we.lc.ehu.es/~jose
Dpto. de Electricidad y Electrónica     |
Facultad de Ciencias - Campus de Lejona | Tel.:  +34-946012479
48940 Lejona (Vizcaya) - SPAIN          | Fax:   +34-944858139