> >If anyone has any more of these tunables that can easily be enhanced
> >like this, please let me know.
>
>    Is there a way from the boot loader that one can find out what options
> are available to be tuned?

At the moment, the values are picked up on-demand by the kernel as it's
initialising its state from the preprocessor defines, so there's no
metainformation that can be extracted from the kernel to determine the
tunables that are available.

This could be improved in a number of ways - it would be achievable,
for example, to have a macro:

        is_set = GET_KERN_TUNABLE(name, "description", variable);

which exported "name" and "description" via a linker set which could be
extracted by the loader.

In the meantime, "help set tunables" inside the loader contains a list
of the ones I've updated so far (the source for this is in
sys/boot/common/help.common)

\\  sometimes you're behind.      \\  m...@smith.net.au
\\  The race is long, and in the  \\  msm...@freebsd.org
\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\  msm...@cdrom.com