It seems Tommy Hallgren wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Now that the console system is restructured, shouldn't we consider
> using GGI instead of inventing the wheel?
>
> I happened to find this link and they seem to be positive to
> supporting FreeBSD.

Hmm, I've been following what they are doing for quite awhile,
and frankly I dont see why we should move at this point in time.

However it is possible to write a KLD module that would provide
the hooks for a GGI compliant interface, so you could write such
a beast if you want GGI functionality.

There also is a licencing problem with GGI, the kernel gunk is
IIRC free under a BSD like licence, but the userland stuff are
GPL, which we try to stay clear of for obvious reasons.

- Søren