On Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:20:06 PST, John Polstra wrote:

> Note, without those files you'll never again be able to link an a.out
> program on the machine.  Are you sure you really want that limitation?

As I understand it, the only times this hurts me are:

1) When I want to build binaries for another (a.out-only) box.

2) When I want to use dynamically-linked a.out binaries that were
   compiled elsewhere on this box.

Unless I'm missing something, I'm happy with that. Thanks for the
feedback, I'll wait for someone else to answer on the other issue.

Ciao,
Sheldon.