> I have 2 cheap 100mbit nics (rj45 only).  Both use the ReaTek 8139 chipset
> (from the best that I can tell).  Both are PCI.

They are supported in 4.0-CURRENT by the rl driver. I belive they are also
included in 3.0-STABLE, but I'm not sure if they are on the boot floppy.

And before using this card, you should consider the following comment from
the driver source:

 * The RealTek 8139 PCI NIC redefines the meaning of 'low end.' This is
 * probably the worst PCI ethernet controller ever made, with the possible
 * exception of the FEAST chip made by SMC. The 8139 supports bus-master
 * DMA, but it has a terrible interface that nullifies any performance
 * gains that bus-master DMA usually offers.

So don't expect too much ;)

Blaz Zupan, b...@medinet.si, http://home.amis.net/blaz
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia