>> The parans have the same function as commas in most latin alphabet
>> based languages: to convey structure.
>
>I think you've picked the wrong analogy. The rules of the language
>dictate certain cases in which commas are required. Extraneous use of
>commas decreases readability.

Wrong, there are 3 major systems for commas, but lets not open
that discussion now.

>When it comes to code, do you not agree that the trained eye knows which
>operators to seek to first in an expression? I can't think of an analogy
>in the English language, since one doesn't "seek to" commas, one simply
>reads from left to right.

A little to little or a little too much is equally evil.  I personally
prefer more parans than my C compiler needs.

p...@freebsd.org               "Real hackers run -current on their laptop."
FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!