> > Yes, to be consistent with the state of world WRT NFS.  Or at least with
> > the leader -- Solaris.  This has been the default in 3.0-C since the
> > am-utils import.
>
> Yeah, well, amd is a whole other ball of wax.  That's clearly broken
> in both 3.0-stable and 4.0-current

Why is it clearly broken?  proto=tcp,vers=3 is what is in 3.0-RELEASE,
Amd in 3.0 works for many.  I won't defend that the new Amd works the
best with us, but then neither did the old Amd.

> and we're going to have to revert the last set of changes fairly soon,
> it's on my TODO list of things to deal with.

I think we need to do more testing in the environments Amd currently
gives trouble to determine if the problem is with using TCP or version 3
of NFS.  I still question if there still are problems in our NFS (even
with hard mounts) implementation.

Also, is the problem FreeBSD between two FreeBSD boxes, or a FreeBSD and
say Solaris box.

--
-- David    (obr...@nuxi.com  -or-  obr...@freebsd.org)