Mike Smith <m...@smith.net.au> wrote:

} > Is there a way to view the contents of a text file (specifically,
} > /boot/loader.rc) with BTX?  Now that there are all these nifty new modules,
} > my kernel is a lot smaller and my /boot/loader.rc is a lot longer.  The way
} > I have my /boot/loader.rc setup is such that it unloads everythin
} > automatically loaded if I drop to the BTX prompt instead of autobooting.
} > This is fairly convenient except when I want to boot an alternate kernel but
} > still load all the same modules that I use in my default kernel.  If there
} > isn't such a feature, it would be really nice if there were a 'cat' command
} > or something along those lines so that I could read the contents of
} > /boot/loader.rc and get everything properly reloaded by hand.  Could it be
} > added or could I just make my own somehow?  Thanks a bunch.
}
} Perhaps try something like:
}
} @set kernelname=kernel
} @read -t 5 -p "Enter kernel name [kernel] : " kernelname
} @load $kernelname
} @include /boot/modules.default
} -include /boot/modules.$kernelname
} @autoboot 5
}
} The 'include' commands make it easier to keep your module sets
} organised, should you want to do that.

That looks great to me.  I was thinking that something like the above would
probably be necessary, but I haven't learned Forth yet.  This should be just
what I need though.  Thanks!

 -Patrick

Patrick L. Hartling                     | Research Assistant, ICEMT
myst...@friley-184-92.res.iastate.edu   | Carver Lab - 0095E Black Engineering
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~oz/      | http://www.icemt.iastate.edu/