I'm using a 3c589C in a Fujitsu Lifebook 765dx, went from -release to
-current about a week ago, no problem here.  Aren't you supposed to use
the zp driver for the 3c589 series?  That's what I'm using at least.

Jason Tatem                     "What you want is irrelevant.
VC3, Inc.                       What you have chosen is at hand!"
tat...@vc3.com                          --Spock, Star Trek VI