>I am trying to get my laptop's config file as clean as possible
>and one of the lines I experimented with is:
>
>controller      fdc0 at isa? disable port ? bio
>
>(notice the lack of an "irq" and the wildcarding of "at isa").
>
>This results in a line in ioconf.c of:
>
>{ 10, &fdcdriver,     (null),     0, -1, C 0x00000,     0,   0,   0, 0x0000,
>  0,    0,       0,       0,      0,        0,   0 },
>
>Notice the "(null)". I want the line in my config file to be like that
>as I do not use the floppy drive very often, and I am quite content for
>it to be kicked into action by pccardd when I plug it in. So my config
>line above is just a device placeholder. The "(null)" causes a compile
>failure, which is fixed by the kluge below. Is there a better way of
>doing this, or is this OK to commit?

There is a better way.  Copy the correct code for printing d_port and
d_portn from isa_devtab() to isa_biotab(), and while your're there,
check for other lossage in isa_biotab().  The current code also screws
up cases where the token following "port" is a number.  Only the case
where it is a macro name works.

Bruce