John Birrell <j...@cimlogic.com.au> writes:

> FWIW, this message is being edited with vi on a 2.2.8-STABLE machine
> rlogged in from a dxterm running on an OSF/1 box. The keyboard is one
> of DEC's LK401 things with the funny "Do" keys etc from back when VAX
> was just a twinkle in PDP's eye. I have TERM=vt100 in my FreeBSD
> environment, dxterm configured with the "Numeric Keypad" option checked
> and vt100 emulation, so keypad keys are 0.123456789, just like you'd
> expect. It's not vi that's the problem, just your termcap setting doesn't
> match the keyboard.

But why is it only vi ?

I see the same behaviour here (-current, Eterm, TERM=xterm). The numeric
keypad works for XEmacs forced to use term instead of X, pico, mcedit
(midnight commanders builtin editor), shell - everywhere else, but not
for vi.

--
# /AS/                               http://privat.schlund.de/entropy/ #
# According to rumours, MS finally decided to delay the release of the #