* From: Nik Clayton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 * [ Sent to -current and -ports, followups set to -current ]

(Your Followups-to: didn't survive someone's MTA, so replying to
-current manually.)

 * Here's another trivial patch that people might like to comment on before I
 * commit it.  I'm doing more and more FreeBSD installs recently at various
 * client sites, and adding "FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS=-p" to make.conf is just one of
 * those standard things you have to do if there's a firewall in place.
 *
 * Any one got any objection to mentioning that fact, with the included patch?

/etc/make.conf is not the right place to add it.  (Besides,
FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS wasn't supposed to be used for site-specific
defaults -- this will kill ports that set FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS in their
Makefile.)

Jordan already fixed this is /etc/login.conf on 1999/5/28.

===
revision 1.31
date: 1999/05/28 11:07:16;  author: jkh;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
Set FTP_PASSIVE_MODE=YES by default in the default login class.
===

Satoshi