John Polstra wrote:
>In article <199903302319.paa43...@apollo.backplane.com>,
>Matthew Dillon  <dil...@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
>>
>>      Has anyone tried implementing the %ebx solution yet?
>
>Not as far as I know.  I was hoping that somebody who cared about
>BSD/OS compatibility would pick up the description of the fix, test
>it, and submit diffs.  No takers, so far. :-(

I'll bite.  I tried your fix this morning, and it's worked without a
problem so far.  I've just upgraded the world (had only built a kernel
earlier), and haven't done any rigorous testing, but it looks good.  I
use the AT&T ksh for BSD/OS as my standard shell, which should be a
reasonable test, but haven't got access to BSD/OS itself, so don't have
much to test beyond the AT&T tools.

Unless something goes wrong, I'll probably submit the diffs within the
next day or so.

Thomas Stephens
t...@stephens.org