On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Rod Taylor wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, why are there games included in the FreeBSD
> source tree?
>
> For a group of people that was so worried about including dhcp because
> it's extra code, don't you think it's time to make those games into
> ports only?
>
> I say this under the assumption that they're not required for FreeBSD to
> function.  (Not like IE for windows ;)

As far as I am concerned, things like fortune, pom, pig and banner
have been included with BSD-ish systems for ages... Tradition...
I wouldn't feel the same if I didn't get my fortune every login.

also, don't you have the option to not have the games?

        -Jason J. Horton <ja...@intercom.com>
         Senior Network & Systems Engineer
         Intercom Online Inc.
         212.378.2202 | http://www.intercom.com