On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, David O'Brien wrote:

# > Just tried to compile apache and apache's jserv and got hit by the
# > above bug so I hope that this gets resolved prior to using egcs as the
# > default.
#
# I doubt it will.

Me too. :/

# I expect there will be significant breakage of non-world after the
# commit.  I've significantly tested kernel and world, but I haven't tried
# ports at all.

I got everything setup to build the entire ports collection and
sometime during the night the big IDE disk that I keep all the
distfiles and packages on went south. :(  It had been acting funny
lately.  I think it finally decided it had seen enough.  I'm off
to the store to pick up another and then by work where I have a
T1 to grab all the distfiles that are not on the 3.1 CDs.  I sure
hope Satoshi is following this because it doesn't look like I'm
going to be able to get very far before the switch is thrown.

In fact now is probably a good time to post something to the ports
mailing list.  I'll send out something brief before I head off to
the store.

# People may be well advised to CVSup and `make world' (or don't CVSup
# again for a while) sometime before Sunday California PDT time (-7hrs
# Zulu).
#
# The rockiness of -CURRENT is about to be upon us.

Committers brush up on your edit-pr skills, we're in for a load
of fun in the following weeks.

-steve

# --
# -- David    (obr...@nuxi.com  -or-  obr...@freebsd.org)