Bruce Evans wrote:

> >Is it normal for atime not to be set on execution of a file ?
> >I should have thought this would class as an access ?
>
> It's normal in FreeBSD, although this breaks POSIX.1 conformance.
>
> Bruce

Thanks for the response, there isn't per chance an option to turn this
on is there ? I am doing some maintenance on a few machines, and it
would be really nice to know when some programs were last run, this
seems like the ideal way to do it ? Is this a fault, or has this been
done for some good reason ? Is it something I should try and fix ?

Thanks for any feedback....