On 06-Apr-99 Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> > I've got a Matsushita CW-7501. I'll send him a mail.
>  My guess is that cdrecord won't support it.  See:
>  http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/c
>  dr-unsup.html
>
>  And remember that Matsushita == Panasonic.
>
>  From what I can tell, Plasmon made a clone of the CW-7501, but the worm
>  driver never supported that model anyway.

Umm.. I can't see that drive mentioned in the list of unsupported drives on
that page :)

I have a CW-7502 which works very well.. cdrecord -scanbus says ->
                  6) 'MATSHITA' 'CD-R   CW-7502  ' '4.10' Removable CD-ROM

The 7501 isn't mentioned as being compatible anywhere I can see though.

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum