On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Bruce Evans wrote:

> >But what's wrong with having a specific -= operator? It would make code more
> >readable, which is a plus. It would be obvious for people to look for such
> >before resorting to substition rules.
>
> Creeping featurism.  Obscure semantics (would it do nothing if the rvalue
> is not in the lvalue?  What about if the rvalue is added later?).

You say "creeping features", I say "something that would have made sense
since the beginning". The semantics would be "yes" and "yes", respectively

> Bruce

 Brian Feldman                _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 gr...@unixhelp.org                _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!      _ __ | _ \__ \ |) |
         http://www.freebsd.org           _ |___/___/___/