Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On 09-Apr-99 Rod Taylor wrote:
> >  My Joliet formated cd's aren't mounting with the Joliet extensions.  I
> >  believe I saw that FreeBSD supported these extensions.  I'm mounting
> >  mostly recorded cds, in older nec cdrom drives.  (OS/2 mounts joliet
> >  extensions fine on same machine).
>
> There are patches which add Joliet support, but they don't work 100%..
>
> I have a CD which gets mangled with the patches, so I haven't submitted them
> yet :)
>
> >  Some disks done mount at all, and are complained about.  It reports that
> >  the cd just plain old 'does not exist'.
>
> ? You mean you get an I/O error? A Joliet CD should mount, just that you'll
> get
> Windows short names instead of long names.

Nope (Nec 4x4 changer using OLD drivers).

--- in fstab ---
/dev/wcd0a    /mnt/cd0    cd9660    ro,noauto    0    0
/dev/wcd1a    /mnt/cd1    cd9660    ro,noauto    0    0
/dev/wcd2a    /mnt/cd2    cd9660    ro,noauto    0    0
/dev/wcd3a    /mnt/cd3    cd9660    ro,noauto    0    0
--------

mount /mnt/cd0
cd9660: Invalid argument

mount /mnt/cd1

mount /mnt/cd2
cd9660: Invalid argument

mount /mnt/cd3

(cd0, cd1, cd2 ==> CD's burned with easy cd for windows (joliet filesystem))
(cd3 ==> Purchassed cd.  'Regular Filesystem').

cd1 mounted, but without the joliet extensions.  cd0, cd2 didn't mount (with
above
error).  cd3 mounted with long filenames (unsure of filesystem type).

That help clarify things a bit more?