On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Peter Wemm wrote:

> [...]
> Right now, the core functionality is operating nicely, but there are a few
> key missing bits.  Specifically, wd.c doesn't (and can't) build, it needs
> changes like the fd.c driver.  The ISA PnP and EISA code hasn't been
> updated to use the new interfaces.  (Soren's new ata driver works).  The
> pccard etc driver compiles but has not been updated yet.  The direction
> the pccard stuff will go in isn't clear yet.

I should add that SMP machines will not work with the new-bus repository
just yet since I haven't got my head around the apic interrupt
remapping thing yet.  An SMP machine with a UP kernel would work as a
stopgap.

> Hopefully Doug won't shoot me for misrepresenting something. :-)

Of course not :-)  The only thing I would change in the history is that
the kernel linker work pre-dates the alpha port and that the main reason I
wrote it was to support the new driver model.

--
Doug Rabson                             Mail:  d...@nlsystems.com
Nonlinear Systems Ltd.                  Phone: +44 181 442 9037