So I've been lookin gat this patch set..
it seems to duplicate a lot of code already in FreeBSD, by just replacing
it with the equivalent code from NetBSD.

(or rather, jsut adding the NetBSD code and not using the FreeBSD
version. This is acceptable in a test scenario). What is not so clear is
what the chances are of us getting something that takes the best features
from NetBSD and the best features from the new-bus code. There are
similarities, but the differences are less obvious. The framework may be
totally different, but how different do the DRIVERS have to be?

julian
(still reading the new-config stuff)