In article <199904271932.naa01...@zen.alb.khoral.com>,
Steve Jorgensen  <st...@khoral.com> wrote:
>       I cvsup'ed and installed yesterday morning it's the third
>       cvsup I've done since egcs went in, so I know it's working
>       ok.  Anyway, I decided to update my XFree86 installation,
>       and found that the port no longer works.  As it compiles
>       all binaries created report tons of missing symbols
>       from the various X library.  The wierd thing is that it
>       still installs most of the X binaries anyway, and they work
>       fine, but it dies when it gets to installing the X server
>       itself.

Thanks for the report, but saying that it gets "tons of missing
symbols" and that it "dies" when installing the server really isn't
helpful to those who might be able to fix the problem.  Which symbols?
Let's see the error messages.  How does it "die"?  Let's see the error
messages.  Nobody can help without that.

John
--
  John Polstra                                               j...@polstra.com
  "Self-interest is the aphrodisiac of belief."           -- James V. DeLong