:Matthew Dillon <dil...@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
:>
:>    I think the worst case you might see is on the order of 50,000 or so
:>    route entries.
:
:If you read the PR you'll see that we have over 70,000 routes on some
:interfaces in our network, and we aren't doing multipath routeing.
:(We have c. 20,000 modems and our customers have static IP addresses.)
:
:>    It take a phenominally stupid network setup to create more then that.
:
::-)
:
:Tony.

    We had a similar situation at BEST, but we realized fairly quickly
    that static IP's would be disaster to route as our network grew.  So
    we stopped handing them out to 'normal' dialup customers and went
    w/ dynamic IP assignment.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <dil...@backplane.com>

:f.a.n.finch   d...@dotat.at   f...@demon.net
:Arthur: "Oh, that sounds better, have you worked out the controls?"
:Ford:   "No, we just stopped playing with them."