> > This was due to a kludge in mfs implementation. Try change NUMCDEV in
> > kern_conf.c to 255.
>
> Are you saying that there is a bug in the mfs implementation and a fix
> will be commited soon?  (and change NUMCDEV until then)
>
> Or are you saying, the mfs implementation is now considered correct (but
> there are some kludges in there) and that changing NUMCDEV in kern_conf.c
> to 255 is the perminate fix?
>
> --
> -- David    (obr...@nuxi.com  -or-  obr...@freebsd.org)

This is a fundamental problem with mfs' design, mfs steals bdev major 255 for
its private use. One thing we could do is to have mfs legally acquire this
major number, i.e., setup a devsw structure and register with device conf
system. This problem probably would go away after we have a fully functional
DEVFS.

-lq