On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 10:45:15AM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> > With that and Assar's patch, my vaio is reasonably usable.  (I hook it
> > up to the ethernet at work, so having to shut down to remove the card
> > or even just suspend is rather tedious.)
>
> Does/did your laptop freeze when you ejected the PC Card?  My Vaio-505
> locks solid.  None of the Sony functions accessable via Fn-<foo> work
> either.

It used to, but now it works with the abovementioned patch.  I'm not
sure what I can get away with.. I usually "ifconfig ep0 down" and
disconnect the cable before ejecting or suspending it (hoping to
minimize the chance of getting an interrupt at the wrong time).

Just tried ejecting the card while doing a ping -f, and it worked
without a hitch.

Here's my kernel config, if it helps...

#
#       $Id: GENERIC,v 1.169 1999/05/09 16:45:52 phk Exp $
#

machine         i386
cpu             I586_CPU
ident           HABANERO
maxusers        64

makeoptions     DEBUG=-g                #Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols

options         MATH_EMULATE            #Support for x87 emulation
options         INET                    #InterNETworking
options         FFS                     #Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         FFS_ROOT                #FFS usable as root device [keep this!]
options         MFS                     #Memory Filesystem
options         MFS_ROOT                #MFS usable as root device, "MFS" req'ed
options         NFS                     #Network Filesystem
options         NFS_ROOT                #NFS usable as root device, "NFS" req'ed
options         MSDOSFS                 #MSDOS Filesystem
options         CD9660                  #ISO 9660 Filesystem
options         CD9660_ROOT             #CD-ROM usable as root. "CD9660" req'ed
options         PROCFS                  #Process filesystem
options         COMPAT_43               #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options         SCSI_DELAY=15000        #Be pessimistic about Joe SCSI device
options         UCONSOLE                #Allow users to grab the console
options         FAILSAFE                #Be conservative
options         USERCONFIG              #boot -c editor
options         VISUAL_USERCONFIG       #visual boot -c editor

controller      isa0
controller      pnp0                    # PnP support for ISA
controller      pci0
#controller     pccard0

controller      fdc0    at isa? port IO_FD1 irq 6 drq 2
disk            fd0     at fdc0 drive 0

#controller     ata0
#device         atadisk0        # ATA disk drives
#device         atapicd0        # ATAPI CDROM drives
#device         atapist0        # ATAPI tape drives

controller      wdc0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14 flags 0xa0ffa0ff
disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
disk            wd1     at wdc0 drive 1

# atkbdc0 controls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse
controller      atkbdc0 at isa? port IO_KBD
device          atkbd0  at atkbdc? irq 1
device          psm0    at atkbdc? irq 12

# Options for psm:
#options                PSM_HOOKAPM
#options                PSM_RESETAFTERSUSPEND

device          vga0    at isa? port ? conflicts

# splash screen/screen saver
pseudo-device   splash

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device          sc0     at isa?

device          npx0    at nexus? port IO_NPX irq 13

device          apm0    at nexus? # Advanced Power Management

device          sio0    at isa? port IO_COM1 flags 0x10 irq 4
device          sio1    at isa? port IO_COM2 irq 3

# Parallel port
device          ppc0    at isa? port? flags 0x40 irq 7
controller      ppbus0
device          lpt0    at ppbus?
device          plip0   at ppbus?
device          ppi0    at ppbus?

device ep0 at isa? port 0x300 irq 10

# SMB Bus
controller smbus0
controller intpm0
controller alpm0

device smb0     at smbus?

# PCCARD
controller      card0
device          pcic0 at card?
#device         pcic0

options         PCIC_RESUME_RESET

# Sound
device pcm0 at isa? port ? irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0
#controller     snd0
#device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
#device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
#device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330
#device awe0     at isa? port 0x620

# USB
controller      uhci0
controller      ohci0
controller      usb0

#controller     umass0
device          ums0
device          ukbd0
device          ulpt0
device          uhid0
device          ugen0

options         UHCI_DEBUG
options         OHCI_DEBUG
options         USB_DEBUG
options         UHUB_DEBUG
options         UMS_DEBUG
options         UKBD_DEBUG
options         UMASS_DEBUG
options         UHID_DEBUG
options         UGEN_DEBUG
options         ULPT_DEBUG

pseudo-device   loop
pseudo-device   ether
pseudo-device   sl      1
pseudo-device   ppp     1
pseudo-device   tun     1
pseudo-device   pty     32
pseudo-device   gzip            # Exec gzipped a.out's
pseudo-device   snp     3

# KTRACE enables the system-call tracing facility ktrace(2).
# This adds 4 KB bloat to your kernel, and slightly increases
# the costs of each syscall.
options         KTRACE          #kernel tracing

# This provides support for System V shared memory and message queues.
#
options         SYSVSHM
options         SYSVMSG
options         SYSVSEM

#  The `bpfilter' pseudo-device enables the Berkeley Packet Filter.  Be
#  aware of the legal and administrative consequences of enabling this
#  option.  The number of devices determines the maximum number of
#  simultaneous BPF clients programs runnable.
pseudo-device   bpfilter 4      #Berkeley packet filter

#options                NETATALK

options         DDB
options         BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER
options         DDB_UNATTENDED

options         SOFTUPDATES

options         IPFIREWALL
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100

options         ICMP_BANDLIM
options         DUMMYNET

options         USER_LDT
options         VM86
options         VESA

options         INVARIANTS
options         INVARIANT_SUPPORT

options         DIAGNOSTIC

options         P1003_1B
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
options         _KPOSIX_VERSION=199309L

--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
ch...@netmonger.net        i...@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/