On Mon, 17 May 1999, Mike Smith wrote:

> > > It doesn't work.  Don't use it.  You need to reboot the system to
> > > restore various vectors that DOS destroys.  Please see the previous
> > > threads on this topic, especially anything from Robert Nordier.
> >
> > Would it be possible to add a driver to config.sys which could record the
> > various vectors or is that too late?
>
> We've been here and asked this; it's too late.  Feel free to ask Robert
> for the details, or just trust me. 8)

Sure. I'm just thinking aloud :-)

> The only way to get a clean slate with the system is to reboot.  If you
> can arrange a "controlled" reboot of some sort, we might get somewhere.

If you are going to reboot anyway, its not too much to ask for a bootable
floppy/cd to be inserted. I don't think fbsdboot.exe has much practical
value at this time.

--
Doug Rabson                             Mail:  d...@nlsystems.com
Nonlinear Systems Ltd.                  Phone: +44 181 442 9037