On Wed, 19 May 1999 17:40:50 +1000, Bruce Evans wrote:

> so you must be using the old wd driver.  The old wd_driver's d_dump
> only returns ENXIO when the drive doesn't exist or has never been
> opened or is not labeled.

I'm using the "old" wd driver (controller wdc in CURRENT). The disk is
labeled and I assume it's "opened" by swapon when it's configured as a
swap device.

So I'm at a loss as to why I get ENXIO (I did look at that part of the
source, but thought it best to avoid talking in source terms, since I
don't fully understand the meanings of the errors).

Ciao,
Sheldon.