<k...@lyris.com> writes:
> Is it that long? I honestly don't think I have ever seen one stay up for a
> week. Are you sure you did not mean 48 hours? I don't speak in jest.

49.7 days until an internal millisecond counter rolls around and
crashes the machine.

Microsoft have a patch out, but according to their web site, it's
untested.

I don't know what's worse; that Microsoft themselves can't keep
Windows running for 50 days, or that they're incapable of manually
bumping the counter to a value close to UINT_MAX and wait a few
minutes for it to roll over.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - d...@flood.ping.uio.no