I tried starting sshd via the rc.conf infrastructure after another
buildworld/installworld this morning and still see the:

        sshd[166]: fatal: rsa_private_decrypt() failed

error.  I thought perhaps some of Peter's changes might have helped, but
it seems to still boil down to the need to start sshd after ldconfig runs
in /etc/rc.

-Chris