On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Andriy Gapon wrote:

Doug,

could you please show your timer configuration,

Nothing special in /boot/loader.conf, /etc/sysctl.conf, or my kernel. It's basically just GENERIC minus devices I don't have, plus the following:

options         DDB_CTF
options         VESA
options         GEOM_BDE
device atapicam device sound
device          snd_hda

Interestingly, I had a runaway intr thing again after watching a flash video, but this time it was hdac0, not swi:4.

http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/bad-dtrace-3-hdac.txt
http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/bad-dtrace-4-hdac.txt

part of devinfo -u that describes interrupts

Interrupt request lines:
    0 (attimer0)
    1 (atkbd0)
    3 (root0)
    4 (uart0)
    5-7 (root0)
    8 (atrtc0)
    9 (acpi0)
    10-11 (root0)
    12 (psm0)
    12 (psmcpnp0)
    13 (root0)
    14 (ata0)
    15 (ata1)
    16 (root0)
    17 (wpi0)
    18 (cbb0)
    19 (root0)
    20 (ehci0)
    20 (uhci0)
    20 (hpet0)
    21 (uhci1)
    22 (uhci2)
    23 (uhci3)
    256 (hdac0)

and top of the output of top -SPH (including the header)
when high interrupt load strikes?

Will do next time, thanks!

Doug

                        -- Pablo Picasso