Alexander Kabaev wrote:
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:36:03 -0400
Boris Kochergin <sp...@acm.poly.edu> wrote:

Steve Kargl wrote:
I know that several libraries in FreeBSD
uses symbol versioning.  In looking through
src/ I was unable to determine whether symbol versioning is used on libgcc. Any
guidance would be appreciated.

I don't think it is. I haven't poked at any sources, but there are no FBSD* symbols in /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so, which is what's used in symbol versioning in, say, /lib/libc.so.7.

-Boris

And above is wrong. Just for the record. What FBSD* symbol versions
have to do with the library independently versioned by FSF?

My interpretation of the question was whether libgcc used FreeBSD symbol versioning. If that wasn't it, then indeed, one has nothing to do with the other.

-Boris